Re: Release branch maintenance - Was: glibc 2.19 status?

On Sat, Feb 01, 2014 at 02:22:25AM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> I'm not sure about "any patch".  Any bug-fix patch, probably, but there
> may well be cases where one distribution has a use for backporting a new
> feature from master and another doesn't want that feature backported.

I suspect (hope?) that we can all take this as having been implied in
the message you were responding to.  Stable update rules apply as
always, it would just be likely better for all involved if we invoked
them more often to our own and mutual benefit.

... Adam