Re: Release branch maintenance - Was: glibc 2.19 status?

On Sat, 1 Feb 2014, Allan McRae wrote:

> I'd like to have it set up so that the only thing the release branch
> maintainer needs to do is decide when to cut a new release.  To achieve
> that, I'd like the distro maintainers to take any patch they pull from
> master into their package and commit it onto the relevant release
> branch.  That way, the release branch reflects actual usage of that

I'm not sure about "any patch".  Any bug-fix patch, probably, but there
may well be cases where one distribution has a use for backporting a new
feature from master and another doesn't want that feature backported.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com