Re: glibc 2.19 status?

On Jan 30, 2014, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jan 2014, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> On Jan 30, 2014, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Any other issues that need tracking missing from that list?
>>
>> I'm not sure where the MTASC safety docs patchset fits in this, but
>> several of the patches are in, and a number of others are pending review
>> and should be in over the next few days.  I hoped we'd have the patchset
>> all in by now, but the process has been slower than anticipated.

> I thought this documentation was incomplete anyway - that you hadn't
> completed reviewing the properties of every function in glibc - or is the
> latest version in fact complete?

The latest patchset is indeed complete as in, every function in the
glibc manual has a corresponding @safety note.  There are glibc
functions that are not documented in the manual, and most of these have
not had their safety properties assessed.

Carlos told me he'd have the review completed today/tonight, so it
wouuld be appreciated if the release could be held up so as to include
the entire patchset.

Free Software Evangelist     Red Hat Brazil Toolchain Engineer