glibc 2.20 - asyn-signal safe TLS and ASan.

Hello Konstantin!,

You're getting this email because you're the only ASan expert I know,
and I was at your talk at LFCS2013 ;-)

We have a problem and we'd like your input if you have time.

The GNU C Library version 2.20 (coming out at the end of the month)
plans to stop using malloc for TLS allocations. The reason for this
is that malloc is async-signal unsafe, and TLS accessed in signal
handlers may need to allocate storage at the time of access. This
is particularly true of signal handlers provided by dlopened shared
libraries. There is no way to interpose yourself here because the
non-malloc signal-safe allocator being used is internal to glibc.

What kind of impact do you see this having on ASan?

Do you see any way we can mitigate this impact?

Cheers,
Carlos.