This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use __unused.0 instead of __unused for user visible struct members
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Meador Inge <meadori at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:49:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use __unused.0 instead of __unused for user visible struct members
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK4o1WzkMk8nV2jzM38peutbMWuKBPTeh5dbfwSiDhankAT=Yw at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310281328500 dot 25699 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAK4o1WxO9=qbKUiJtZtS+Q9Wyo8EfNrO_H8=J_w=zcQP822Dvw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131105135404 dot GA20687 at domone dot podge> <528303CA dot 3050901 at redhat dot com> <20131113110951 dot GA2926 at domone dot podge> <5283AF16 dot 9010407 at redhat dot com> <CAK4o1Wz+HbUfJe_F4ZMmz_fVpMUaOBhXrL=uN_GjTBFugr+ZkA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5293C0B2 dot 80003 at redhat dot com> <20131126113331 dot GA18699 at domone dot podge> <5294AA0B dot 6070200 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1311261409000 dot 29140 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 11/26/2013 09:09 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> * The public and private headers no longer use __unused nor __block. This
> Nothing should have changed in private headers, only installed headers.
My mistake, fixed.
I thought we touched some private headers, but after review it appears we
didn't change any.
However, just to be clear the consensus was that any use of __unused or
__block could be changed in any header, public or private, to __glibc_*.
Not because it was required since the private header would never be exposed,
but just to make review easier.
That is to say if someone posted a private header change using __glibc_*
it would not be rejected.