This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [ping2][PATCH][BZ #16077] Get canonical name in getaddrinfo from hosts file for AF_INET
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: Pavel Simerda <psimerda at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, "Carlos O'Donell" <codonell at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:36:51 +0530
- Subject: Re: [ping2][PATCH][BZ #16077] Get canonical name in getaddrinfo from hosts file for AF_INET
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131023100431 dot GG7401 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20131119133257 dot GF24544 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20131125095544 dot GO19834 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <405943830 dot 18655132 dot 1385376936837 dot JavaMail dot root at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 05:55:36AM -0500, Pavel Simerda wrote:
> Looks good. But I think it would to get a little bit nearer to what I wrote above and...
> * Rename gethostbyname2 to gethostbyname3 and accept a NULL canonp.
> * Create a gethostbyname2 that would just call gethostbyname3(..., NULL)
> Does that sound reasonable?
I agree with your idea, but that is a separate cleanup IMO. Right now
it would be better to have a uniform mess so that someone doing the
mechanical work of cleaning things up does not have to deal with
different implementations in different modules.
Thanks for the review though. I believe I need at least one more
review from a maintainer before I can commit this.