Re: Consensus on MT-, AS- and AC-Safety docs.

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> > I think we should generally go for longer text that makes sense on its own
> > rather than non-English keywords.  (Although having a cross-reference to
> > the detailed definitions *also* makes sense.)
>
> These come across as contradictory requirements.
>
> If keywords make sense on their own, readers won't look up their
> detailed definitions, and miss out on the details you regard as
> essential for them to be aware of.

I'd like extended names, which are links to their definitions.  In the
absence of being able to do that in Texinfo, follow the list of keywords
(which should still be extended names) with something like "See [ref] for
detailed definitions.".

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com