This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] manual/memory.texi: Bring aligned allocation docs up to date.
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Patch Tracking <patches at linaro dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:04:40 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] manual/memory.texi: Bring aligned allocation docs up to date.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <527A6F48 dot 5040803 at linaro dot org> <CANu=DmhEy_u64riYr_FGjXC2sAGW2GNkZtim-OuoTdEJ8Nt2CQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <528D0C34 dot 5060600 at cs dot ucla dot edu>
On 20 November 2013 19:23, Paul Eggert <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This version of the patch suggests posix_memalign,
> and doesn't mention aligned_alloc at all. The documentation
> should suggest aligned_alloc first, and posix_memalign second.
> aligned_alloc is the better interface and is part of C11 so it'll
> be available on more platforms eventually; posix_memalign
> is also worth mentioning as it's available on more platforms
I submitted a second patch to add aligned_alloc documentation. I can
certainly squash them together if you think that makes more sense.
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro