This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI 6/6: Bump ld.so soname version number
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com (Joseph S. Myers)
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:17:35 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI 6/6: Bump ld.so soname version number
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Joseph Myers wrote:
> There's also the matter of setting the minimum symbol version in this case
> to GLIBC_2.19. And having configure tests to ensure the only combinations
> are the (BE, ELFv1) and (LE, ELFv2) combinations it's desired to support.
So I understand Alan Modra already checked in a change to shlib-versions to
set the minimum symbol version for powerpc64le. If we only use ELFv2 with
powerpc64le, is there anything else that needs to be done?
As to the configure check, I guess we could add something along these lines
to the configure.ac file I added:
# We support only the ELFv1 ABI on big-endian powerpc64-linux,
# and only the ELFv2 ABI on little-endian powerpc64le-linux.
if test -z "$enable_hacker_mode"; then
if test "$config_machine" = powerpc64le; then
if test $libc_cv_ppc64_elfv2_abi = no; then
AC_MSG_ERROR([Only the ELFv2 ABI is supported on powerpc64le-linux.])
if test $libc_cv_ppc64_elfv2_abi = yes; then
AC_MSG_ERROR([Only the ELFv1 ABI is supported on powerpc64-linux.])
Is this what you were thinking about?
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain