This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] Extended file stat system call [ver #2]
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: David Howells <dhowells at redhat dot com>, viro at ZenIV dot linux dot org dot uk
- Cc: linux-cifs at vger dot kernel dot org, linux-nfs at vger dot kernel dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, linux-api at vger dot kernel dot org, andreas dot gruenbacher at gmail dot com, samba-technical at lists dot samba dot org, linux-fsdevel at vger dot kernel dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 23:15:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Extended file stat system call [ver #2]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131112184127 dot 2880 dot 24025 dot stgit at warthog dot procyon dot org dot uk>
On 11/12/2013 01:41 PM, David Howells wrote:
> Implement a new system call to provide an extended and further extensible stat
> (*) Added an optional auxiliary data buffer pointer argument to sys_statxat()
> and moved some of the stuff into it.
> (*) Discarded "has an ACL info flag" for now.
> (*) AFS doesn't need to set time granularity itself as the default is 1s
This looks like great work. I admire the thoroughness and
the detail of the patches. I don't have much more to say
other than it looks robust and very well put together.
You have CC'd the glibc development list on these changes
and I appreciate that as a heads up on new syscalls is very
very useful for the developers.
Do you have any other expectations from the glibc development
community? Are you looking for help wiring this up or will
you be posting glibc patches at a later date?