This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI 6/6: Bump ld.so soname version number
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:27:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI 6/6: Bump ld.so soname version number
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201311122123 dot rACLNeA9020114 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com>
On Tue, 12 Nov 2013, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> to avoid having a ELFv2 binary accidentally picking up an old ABI ld.so,
> this patch bumps the soname to ld64.so.2.
There's also the matter of setting the minimum symbol version in this case
to GLIBC_2.19. And having configure tests to ensure the only combinations
are the (BE, ELFv1) and (LE, ELFv2) combinations it's desired to support.
Looking back at
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-08/msg00096.html>, I really
don't see a problem with having
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc64/elfv2/nptl/*.abilist files to
reflect the different symbol versions for ELFv2 (that's just what ABI
variations for all other systems do); it's just a whole array of
.../powerpc64le/<machine>/Implies files that seems unfortunate.
Joseph S. Myers