This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Adjust AT_EXECFN on explicit loader invocation
- From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: ppluzhnikov at google dot com, Alexander Smundak <asmundak at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 09:48:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch] Adjust AT_EXECFN on explicit loader invocation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ye6qeh8lrcsk dot fsf at elbrus2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com>
Original patch: https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-09/msg00561.html
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Paul Pluzhnikov <email@example.com> wrote:
> It is a common need for "sophisticated" binaries (such as Java) to be able
> to find the main executable on disk (e.g. in order to symbolize a crash
> stack trace).
> One "signal" that could be used for this is AT_EXECFN, which Linux
> kernel passes as part of the aux vector.