This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][BZ #11064] Warn when ldconfig encounters ambiguous SONAME.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 13:19:11 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [RFC][BZ #11064] Warn when ldconfig encounters ambiguous SONAME.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131026102357 dot GA18454 at domone dot podge>
Needs a test case. Should be doable using -r.
The time-based hack is not robust. It really needs to check for conflicts
directly. Since ldconfig works as it goes, it would be destructive if it
just kept track along the way. So I think to do this right it really needs
to do a first scan-only pass where it decides what it will do and records
it all without touching anything, and then a final pass (if it didn't error
out during the first pass) that actually commits. That is substantially
more work, but it's the only way to be robust that I can think of.