This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2][BZ #14594] Mangle and demangle NULL pointers.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 15:52:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2][BZ #14594] Mangle and demangle NULL pointers.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131031194113 dot GA30302 at domone dot podge> <20131031194719 dot GA30469 at domone dot podge>
On 10/31/2013 03:47 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> A problem here is that if a function pointer is mapped by PTR_MANGLE to
> null it is indistingushible from NULL pointer so init will not be
> called. This could be fixed by also mangling/demangling NULL pointer.
> [BZ #14594]
> * iconv/gconv_cache.c: Mangle and demangle NULL pointers.
> * iconv/gconv_db.c: Likewise.
> * iconv/gconv_dl.c: Likewise.
Does this match the Fedora patch I posted for bug 14594?
That is to say, can you please use the Fedora patch to verify
that you caught all the places that were noticed during the code
review that was done to fix Fedora?