This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFC: api to walk memory allocations
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>, David Ahern <dsahern at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, dmalcolm at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:12:16 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFC: api to walk memory allocations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <527188A3 dot 4000305 at gmail dot com> <20131031004120 dot GF20515 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <87fvri41cd dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAAHN_R0QvQ5H-Si5pAYAYp6sK9yzu94xsC4hn6pGga-UGdqXtg at mail dot gmail dot com>
>>>>> "Siddhesh" == Siddhesh Poyarekar <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> It's already been done in gdb:
Siddhesh> David Malcolm and I had discussed the idea of having gdb python
Siddhesh> scripts for various modules in glibc at the Cauldron this year. Since
Siddhesh> gdb-heap is also essentially just that, we could have it integrated it
Siddhesh> into glibc.
Yeah, this would solve at least one problem on the packaging end.