This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 00/19] PowerPC: multiarch support for PPC32
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 10:11:19 -0200
- Subject: [PATCH 00/19] PowerPC: multiarch support for PPC32
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This is respin of my patchset for multilib support to PowerPC. As previsouly
discussed, I have changed the minimum support for PPC32 to be POWER4+
(--with-cpu=power4). This is a large patchset so I divided in 4 parts:
1. String functions for PPC32
2. Math functions for PPC32
3. String functions for PPC64
4. Math functions for PPC64
* The complete pathset is at azanella/multilib-ppc branch.
* I rewrote the patches to get rid of the location change of implementations.
It was a bad strategy and the idea is keep build with --disable-multi-arch
similar to current build.
* The support is complete with both string/etc. and fpu specialized functions.
* With the patches I pushed some common implementation to sysdeps/powerpc/powerX
from sysdeps/powerpc/power32/.. and this required some cleanup on PowerPC64
* Current multiarch is just enabled for --with-cpu-power4. The patch to enabled
it for power5/power5+/power6/power6x/power7/power8 is at second patchset
(math functions for ppc32)
I tested with GCC 4.4.6 and 4.8.2 on PowerPC32.