This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFC: api to walk memory allocations
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- Cc: David Ahern <dsahern at gmail dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:32:18 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFC: api to walk memory allocations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <527188A3 dot 4000305 at gmail dot com> <20131031004120 dot GF20515 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Felker <email@example.com> writes:
Rich> Valgrind already does a great job with this kind of thing,
Rich> and gdb could do some similar work just by breakpointing malloc and
Rich> free and recording the calls.
It's already been done in gdb: