This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use saturated arithmetic for overflow detection.
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:26:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use saturated arithmetic for overflow detection.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131030174502 dot GA18107 at domone dot podge> <52715382 dot 1010006 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <20131030191456 dot GA19336 at domone dot podge>
On 10/30/2013 12:14 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> These jumps can be predicted almost perfectly as overflows do not happen.
> Here factors like that original comparison needs to load a large
> constant in register start play role in evaluation.
All true. Perhaps a benchmark would help clarify this?
(We can easily measure code bloat, anyway. :-)