This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ 15593] Add transliteration data for "LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE" (Ã)
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Toke HÃiland-JÃrgensen <toke at toke dot dk>, Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:51:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ 15593] Add transliteration data for "LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE" (Ã)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87r4bkdsyn dot fsf at toke dot dk> <525FDF58 dot 1040002 at redhat dot com> <87mwm8dlsw dot fsf at toke dot dk> <525FFCF8 dot 7050105 at redhat dot com> <87vc0vvpch dot fsf at toke dot dk> <5260EC63 dot 6020708 at redhat dot com> <87r4bjugej dot fsf at toke dot dk> <5260F4EA dot 8010507 at redhat dot com> <87iowvufdl dot fsf at toke dot dk> <526117B6 dot 7020002 at redhat dot com> <87wqkxsfn4 dot fsf at toke dot dk>
On 10/28/2013 09:12 AM, Toke HÃiland-JÃrgensen wrote:
> Marko Myllynen <email@example.com> writes:
>> But, earlier I already forgot that Ã was in translit_neutral not in
>> translit_combining, sorry about that. However, if we plan regenerate
>> these files in the future anyway I'm not sure how crucial this is.
>> Perhaps Joseph or Carlos could comment on this?
At present we have no decided strategy for this, someone in the community
needs to investigate, come up with a plan, and decide what we need to
Placing the new transliteration into one file or another is purely
our choice unless we tie that back into another database of transliteration
values from which we might regenerate these files.
> So, in an attempt to speed this along, here's a version of the patch
> that puts the transliteration data into the translit_neutral file rather
> than in translit_combining. I'll submit it to bugzilla as well.
> 2013-10-28 Toke HÃiland-JÃrgensen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> [BZ #15593]
> * localedata/locales/translit_neutral: Add entries for U00D8
> and U00F8.
This looks good to me also.
Can you confirm that you've tested the final form of this patch and
it works as expected?
> diff --git a/localedata/locales/translit_neutral b/localedata/locales/translit_neutral
> index 58fb2a4..b5cc079 100644
> --- a/localedata/locales/translit_neutral
> +++ b/localedata/locales/translit_neutral
> @@ -34,10 +34,14 @@ include "translit_wide";""
> <U00D7> <U0078>
> % LATIN CAPITAL LETTER AE
> <U00C6> "<U0041><U0045>"
> +% LATIN CAPITAL LETTER O WITH STROKE
> +<U00D8> "<U004F><U0045>"
> % LATIN SMALL LETTER SHARP S
> <U00DF> "<U0073><U0073>"
> % LATIN SMALL LETTER AE
> <U00E6> "<U0061><U0065>"
> +% LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE
> +<U00F8> "<U006F><U0065>"
> % MODIFIER LETTER PRIME
> <U02B9> <U2032>;<U00B4>
> % MODIFIER LETTER DOUBLE PRIME