This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use __unused0 instead of __unused for user visible struct members
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:30:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use __unused0 instead of __unused for user visible struct members
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK4o1WzkMk8nV2jzM38peutbMWuKBPTeh5dbfwSiDhankAT=Yw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Justin Cormack wrote:
> A patch was submitted for this a while back
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-01/msg00001.html and did not
> get a good reception from the maintainer at the time. Attached is an
> updated version for current glibc head.
I believe we had consensus on use of __glibc_reserved as a prefix in such
cases (allowing for __glibc_reserved0, __glibc_reserved1 or
__glibc_reserved_foo, __glibc_reserved_bar in cases where more than one
identifier, or a more meaningful name, is needed).
Joseph S. Myers