This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use __glibc_(un)likely instead __builtin_expect.
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:48:43 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use __glibc_(un)likely instead __builtin_expect.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131022220131 dot GA30971 at domone dot podge>
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:01:31AM +0200, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> Now I return to one of todo-list issues which is using glibc-likely/unlikely.
> First comes a easy case which can be expressed as following script.
> cat $1 | sed -e "s/if (__builtin_expect (\(.*\), 0))/if (__glibc_unlikely (\1))/" | sed -e "s/if (__builtin_expect (\(.*\), 1))/if (__glibc_likely (\1))/"
Based on Roland's comment, I did some automated verification of the
patch. I found the following problems:
1. Changes in whitespace in macro definitions
2. Changes in whitespace in malloc routines
Could you fix these and repost?