This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][BZ #16046] dl_iterate_phdr should not expose internal stub.
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Ondřej Bílka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 23:51:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC][BZ #16046] dl_iterate_phdr should not expose internal stub.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131017174710 dot GA4993 at domone dot podge> <20131025210328 dot 39E69746B6 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Roland McGrath wrote:
> macro should participate in the fix, since it was his change that
> introduced the regression.
It's been on my radar, however I've been completely swamped with other
> I don't think that's the best way to implement it. Look at the !SHARED
> version of dl_iterate_phdr. It's doing a special case for the main program
> because it wasn't in the list. After macro's change, it is in the list.
> So it seems cleanest to drop the !SHARED special-case code altogether and
> instead fill out _dl_main_map sufficiently so the general-case code dtrt
> for it too.
I have identified what I believe is another place where such
special-casing can be removed now that we have a proper link map in static
executables. I'll see if I can address both these issues shortly.