This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove configure checks for and automatic running of autoconf
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Allan McRae <allan at archlinux dot org>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:06:03 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove configure checks for and automatic running of autoconf
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1381895254-9422-1-git-send-email-allan at archlinux dot org> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310161204330 dot 10873 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <526122BA dot 8090308 at archlinux dot org> <20131023231755 dot 8285074685 at topped-with-meat dot com> <526A3A67 dot 60107 at archlinux dot org>
Use the standard help text for --enable-maintainer-mode.
We'll surely make it affect more things in the future.
The file is still called configure.in, not configure.ac. (It would be fine
to rename them all nowadays, but that is a separate change and this
discrepancy suggests that you are not actually using the libc trunk to make
and test your changes, which is mandatory.)
The substance is fine.