This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use __glibc_(un)likely instead __builtin_expect.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Ondřej Bílka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use __glibc_(un)likely instead __builtin_expect.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131022220131 dot GA30971 at domone dot podge> <CAAHN_R2OzxGbDarALVD5rRJP6p7OZYh4di3MaTqcoRnLkaU8JQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
> I have not done a full review of the patch, but I am of the opinion
> that if you can show that the generated code is identical, then such a
> cleanup patch should be OK. I'd like opinions from others from this
> though, so please wait for more reviews before you push this change.
If generated code is identical and source changes introduce no style
violations (missing whitespace, overlong lines), then it's fine.