This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #16004] Check overlaps in memcpy_chk.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:26:40 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #16004] Check overlaps in memcpy_chk.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131005133423 dot GA8405 at domone>
> Hi, this adds a overlap check to memcpy. As these are not performance
> critical I deleted ifuncs and we instead do jump to memcpy.
I don't think it's at all clear that _FORTIFY_SOURCE wrappers are not
performance critical. Lots of systems nowadays are compiling most of
their stuff this way (e.g. Ubuntu and Gentoo the compiler does it by
default; Fedora et al the package system builds do it by default).