This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][BZ #15799] Make div cross-platform.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 22:15:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC][BZ #15799] Make div cross-platform.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131025182101 dot GD21615 at domone dot podge> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310252002400 dot 17813 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 08:09:20PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Ondrej Bilka wrote:
> > Hi, following bug report complains that division does not satisfy c
> > standard.
> The bug report is about code that can never be executed - that is, the
> logic errors in it are of no significance. Everything after the
> assignments to result.quot and result.rem, except for the return
> statement, should just be deleted as irrelevant given C99 semantics for
> division, and those assignments should be left unchanged. This should be
> done for all of div, ldiv and lldiv. This code is not shared with gnulib,
> so random C90 compilers are irrelevant to it.
Then close that bug as invalid.