This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][BZ #15799] Make div cross-platform.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 20:09:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC][BZ #15799] Make div cross-platform.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131025182101 dot GD21615 at domone dot podge>
On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Ondrej Bilka wrote:
> Hi, following bug report complains that division does not satisfy c
The bug report is about code that can never be executed - that is, the
logic errors in it are of no significance. Everything after the
assignments to result.quot and result.rem, except for the return
statement, should just be deleted as irrelevant given C99 semantics for
division, and those assignments should be left unchanged. This should be
done for all of div, ldiv and lldiv. This code is not shared with gnulib,
so random C90 compilers are irrelevant to it.
Joseph S. Myers