This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] redebug - error reporting.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 18:57:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] redebug - error reporting.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131021193617 dot GA29829 at domone dot podge> <20131025081750 dot GA17040 at domone> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310251521020 dot 12877 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 03:28:55PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Ondrej Bilka wrote:
> > Comments?
> It's difficult to tell what the connection to glibc in this message is
> supposed to be. If it's that it should be possible to stop in a debugger
This is followup to preload/undefined behavior detection infrastructure.
Information what caused undefined behaviour is very useful and this is
way how to present it. You can show double free, for strcpy overrun show
allocation that was too small and so.