This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] redebug - error reporting.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:28:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] redebug - error reporting.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131021193617 dot GA29829 at domone dot podge> <20131025081750 dot GA17040 at domone>
On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Ondrej Bilka wrote:
It's difficult to tell what the connection to glibc in this message is
supposed to be. If it's that it should be possible to stop in a debugger
at particular points in glibc, I think that's a reasonable use of the
existing SystemTap probe support - put a probe at the relevant point in
glibc, and then GDB can stop at such probe points if the user wishes it to
do so. More general issues about techniques for using reversible
debugging would better be discussed somewhere else.
Joseph S. Myers