This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #16072] Fix stack overflow due to large AF_INET6 requests
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:11:44 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #16072] Fix stack overflow due to large AF_INET6 requests
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131022071550 dot GG11038 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20131022125104 dot GI11038 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <52681C52 dot 4070509 at redhat dot com> <20131024025220 dot GM7401 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <y0m8uxitk0o dot fsf at fche dot csb>
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 05:51:35PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> But the CVE's were issued precisely because sometimes attackers have
> control of a DNS zone. But the DoS worry (that the act of attempting
> to allocate excessive memory harms the system) seems quite remote in
> this case.
Right, thanks for pointing that out.