This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Preload infrastructure.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 16:10:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Preload infrastructure.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131021193617 dot GA29829 at domone dot podge> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310221447380 dot 7107 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20131022180107 dot GA23855 at domone dot podge> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310222031560 dot 13258 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <52674D81 dot 6030705 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, 22 Oct 2013, Jeff Law wrote:
> I would also recommend considering not making these interceptors a part of
> glibc. They are checking for compliance to various standards which is
> independent of the library implementation underneath.
Indeed - and quite possibly some of the existing preloadable shared
objects and miscellaneous installed programs should cease to be part of
glibc. They could be maintained by the glibc maintainers and released at
the same time, but set up to be built separately using an installed copy
of glibc rather than as part of the main glibc build.
Joseph S. Myers