This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Simple checking allocator
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 11:51:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Simple checking allocator
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131021193617 dot GA29829 at domone dot podge> <20131021212655 dot GA32168 at domone dot podge> <20131022113959 dot GA7515 at domone dot podge> <8738nstl06 dot fsf at tassilo dot jf dot intel dot com>
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 02:05:45AM -0700, Andi Kleen wrote:
> OndÅej BÃlka <email@example.com> writes:
> > Comments?
> Better to just rely on valgrind or AddressSanitizer? Those
> will be always better for this.
Could if you accept a slowdown.
This one is more ligthweight approach with small slowdown on single thread applications.
One of applications is that we could do bound checking of
strcat/strcpy also for heap allocated memory.