This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Async signal safe TLS accesses
- From: Andrew Hunter <ahh at google dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Andrew Hunter <ahh at google dot com>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, Ondrej Bilka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:38:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Async signal safe TLS accesses
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1380830518-16721-1-git-send-email-ahh at google dot com> <1382477766-15770-1-git-send-email-ahh at google dot com>
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Andrew Hunter <email@example.com> wrote:
> TLS accesses from initial-exec variables are async-signal-safe.
This is v3 of the patch, with whitespace and comment changes as
requested by Carlos and Ondrej. I added comments marking the purpose
of atomic barriers and briefly explaining why we have forward
Curious if anyone has major objections they haven't voiced yet: what
more will it take to get this merged?
(Sorry about the long delay since v2; I've been buried with other bugs at work.)