This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #16004] Check overlaps in memcpy_chk.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:14:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #16004] Check overlaps in memcpy_chk.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131005133423 dot GA8405 at domone> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310051925240 dot 9147 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 07:28:27PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> There are tests for *_chk functions in debug/. If you add a new check you
> should also add testcases for it to confirm that the error is caught at
> runtime. This does of course require also adding the same check to the
> generic version of the function, and in the case of memcpy_chk to the x86
> (32-bit) versions as well.
It also requires to edit compile time check. I spend hour trying to
write testcase and wondering where is error until I realized that it got
optimized away at compile time.