This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Add pthread_detach_pwd call.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>, OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:09:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Add pthread_detach_pwd call.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131020174109 dot GA17943 at domone dot podge> <20131020222505 dot GK20515 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On 10/21/2013 12:25 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
There is already a clean, portable way to achieve the exact same
thing: the *at functions.
fsetxattrat is missing, though. Probably more.
I also don't see how we can actually implement something like
pthread_detach_pwd without adding and awful lot of wrappers. It's
certainly not just open and fopen, but anything that expects a path name.
(By the way, I think UID and GID are more problematic in this area.)
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team