This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[RFC] Add pthread_detach_pwd call.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 19:41:09 +0200
- Subject: [RFC] Add pthread_detach_pwd call.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
One of problematic parts of threading is working directory. As it is
global a changing it is problematic. Particulary when there is a third
party library that does this without multithreading in mind.
I got idea how users could fix this without much effort. It is that we
implement a pthread_detach_pwd call which will cause all subsequent
queries/changes in thread be resolved by using thread local variable.
Possible disadvantage is that this would make open/fopen more complicated.