This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v3] PowerPC: stpcpy optimization for PPC64/POWER7
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:36:47 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] PowerPC: stpcpy optimization for PPC64/POWER7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <523715EE dot 9070408 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <524EDF56 dot 2060706 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <52569EBC dot 9080004 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 10-10-2013 09:34, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> On 04-10-2013 12:31, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> This is a new version of this patch intended to unify both strcpy and stpcpy
>> implementations for PPC64 and PPC64/POWER7. It is coded to ajust now Alan's
>> pushed his patches for LE. As before the idea for default implementation
>> (sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc64/strcpy.S) is to provide both doubleword and word
>> aligned memory access.
>> For PPC64/POWER7 the idea is to also provide doubleword and word memory access,
>> remove the branch hints, use the cmpb instruction for compare doubleword/words,
>> and add an optimization for inputs of same alignment.
>> THe performance results based on benchtests are provided in attachments. Tested
>> on PPC64 and PPC64/POWER7.