This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Provide pthread_atfork in libc_nonshared.a and libc.a.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 10:58:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Provide pthread_atfork in libc_nonshared.a and libc.a.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <524C90A1 dot 6050801 at redhat dot com> <52612482 dot 6030301 at redhat dot com>
On 10/18/2013 08:07 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 10/02/2013 11:31 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> I think this change makes a lot of sense because we have several
> libraries which should use pthread_atfork, but currently don't
> because it's difficult to properly obtain access to that symbol.
> Could we do something similar for pthread_once?
> We still don't have any pthread documentation, do we?
We do have pthread documentation. I will add pthread_atfork
to that documentation as part of v2 of this patch. I will
include information that says that this symbol is accessible
without linking to libpthread.
If you want something similar done with pthread_once it might
be more complicated and we should file an issue to track that.