This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #11950] res_send fails with ETIMEDOUT on successful DNS UPDATE.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:39:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #11950] res_send fails with ETIMEDOUT on successful DNS UPDATE.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131008163113 dot GA12971 at domone dot podge>
On 10/08/2013 06:31 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
This is bug https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11950
had a patch for three years and no discussion.
A code changed in meantime, a closest equivalent now is patch below
but I do not know if conditions added made added check retundant.
I believe the report is invalid because res_send is for sending DNS
queries, not other packets in some vaguely DNS-like protocol which
happens to use the same UDP/TCP ports.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team