This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ 15593] Add transliteration data for "LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE" (Ã)
- From: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- To: Toke HÃiland-JÃrgensen <toke at toke dot dk>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:06:32 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ 15593] Add transliteration data for "LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE" (Ã)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87r4bkdsyn dot fsf at toke dot dk> <525FDF58 dot 1040002 at redhat dot com> <87mwm8dlsw dot fsf at toke dot dk>
- Reply-to: myllynen at redhat dot com
On 2013-10-17 17:17, Toke HÃiland-JÃrgensen wrote:
> Marko Myllynen <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Looking at the current tables I see these for Ã (U00C6) and Ã (U00D6):
>> translit_neutral:<U00C6> "<U0041><U0045>"
>> translit_combining:<U00D6> <U004F>
>> For Ã Unicode specifies decomposition (U004F U0308) but not so for Ã/Ã.
>> So it's a bit unclear to me are all the three rules above as expected?
> For Ã, the usual transliteration is indeed AE, corresponding to the OE
> transliteration of Ã. I'm less sure about the Ã -> O rule (since that's
> not used in Danish), but I suspect transliteration to O is what would be
yes, for "Ã" -> "O" is correct but if I read you patch correctly, you
were adding decomposition for Ã (which has no decomposition in Unicode)
but then OTOH decomposition is missing for Ã (which has decomposition in