This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't use gethostbyaddr to determine canonical name
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 13:01:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't use gethostbyaddr to determine canonical name
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mvm1u3lbhvj dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 01:00:16PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> As explained in the PR, it is wrong to try to determine the canonical
> name from the IP address. The sole purpose of AI_CANONNAME is to look
> at a CNAME record if it exists, and using the name argument unchanged if
OK for me.