This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: soft-fp: make extensions quiet signaling NaNs (bug 16041)
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 00:45:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: soft-fp: make extensions quiet signaling NaNs (bug 16041)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310162201160 dot 22881 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
From: "Joseph S. Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 22:03:37 +0000
> This patch fixes bug 16041, soft-fp extensions of signaling NaNs to a
> wider floating-point type producing another signaling NaN when they
> should produce a quiet NaN.
> Tested for powerpc-nofpu. David, this should fix the problem you
> reported for SPARC (the relevant test in math/basic-test.c is disabled
> for powerpc because of issues with conversions to/from long double).
Thanks, testing this now Joseph.