This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][BZ #10278] glob() gives inconsistent results with trailing "/"
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: eblake at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 21:03:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC][BZ #10278] glob() gives inconsistent results with trailing "/"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131003075937 dot GA22576 at domone dot podge> <524D2FA4 dot 2020403 at redhat dot com> <20131011152427 dot GC18534 at domone dot podge>
On 10/11/2013 11:24 AM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 04:49:40AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> On 10/03/2013 03:59 AM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
>>> For this bug https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10278 there
>>> is a simple fix when we have DIRENT_H defined.
>>> For cross platform solution we would need surround this by ifdefs when
>>> separator is not slash and handling case of no dirent.
>> Sounds correct.
>> We should add a regression test for this.
> When I tried add a test I encountered an unexpected result, any insight
> into this?
> results for glob ("*/*/", GLOB_ALTDIRFUNC)
> file2lev1/dir2lev1 *** WRONG
No idea, I'd have to dig into this to figure out why.
You definitely need to figure out why before we can
checkin the patch.