This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: soft-fp: remove unused macros
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 22:43:50 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: soft-fp: remove unused macros
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310152333550 dot 29753 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
From: "Joseph S. Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 23:34:28 +0000
> As noted in
> <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-10/msg00338.html>, the
> soft-fp macro _FP_DIV_MEAT_2_gmp is both unused (in glibc, libgcc and
> the Linux kernel) and bogus (would never have worked correctly).
> Thus, it seems appropriate to remove. FP_UNSET_EXCEPTION is also
> unused in all three places; although the definition is perfectly
> valid, there seems to be no point in it (I think that if soft-fp code
> tries to set an exception and then later clear it, that indicates
> there's something wrong with that code - the same applies to
> FP_CLEAR_EXCEPTIONS, but that's still used at present in four sparc32
> files that should be able to define FP_NO_EXCEPTIONS and remove all
> the present exception-related code).
> This patch removes those two unused macros. Tested for powerpc-nofpu
> that there's no change to libc/libm disassembly, and committed.
> 2013-10-15 Joseph Myers <email@example.com>
> * soft-fp/op-2.h (_FP_DIV_MEAT_2_gmp): Remove macro.
> * soft-fp/soft-fp.h (FP_UNSET_EXCEPTION): Likewise.
Looks good to me.