This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove configure checks for and automatic running of autoconf
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Allan McRae <allan at archlinux dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 23:50:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove configure checks for and automatic running of autoconf
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1381895254-9422-1-git-send-email-allan at archlinux dot org>
On 10/15/2013 11:47 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
> These checks used to be run when using --with-cvs but were left in
> when that option was removed. Remove these checks as regeneration
> of the configure file should be consciously performed. This also
> stops the generation of autom4te.cache in the source directory
> while building, allowing the relevant entry to be removed from
> .gitignore | 2 --
> Makefile | 15 ---------------
> configure.ac | 18 ------------------
> 3 files changed, 35 deletions(-)
> This patch is on top of the patch remaning configure.in to configure.ac.
> 2013-10-16 Allan McRae <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * configure.ac: Remove autoconf check.
> * configure: Regenerated.
> * Makefile (autoconf-it): Remove.
> (configure, %/configure, %/preconfigure): Remove rules.
> * .gitignore: Remove autom4te*.cache
Looks good to me (modulo the missing BZ# you just posted).