This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Multiarch sysdeps folder search
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:26:09 -0300
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Multiarch sysdeps folder search
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <525BD98C dot 7000501 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <20131015043455 dot GN3178 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On 15-10-2013 01:34, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 08:46:20AM -0300, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> I fixed it by adjusting the Implies and manually adding
>> powerpc/powerpc32/power4/multiarch as a seach folder. However I'm not
>> sure if is the best approach. Any suggestions for a better way to
>> do this?
> I always thought this was the canonical way to add search paths.
The issue is configure.ac itself has a logic so you can enable/disable multiarch with
a configure option. This is done using the --with-cpu value and if it does not find
a multiarch for specified cpu it won't use multiarch for following implies search.
By hardcoding in the Implies files I basically saying it will use multiarch regardless
of the configure option.