This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[RFC] Multiarch sysdeps folder search
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:46:20 -0300
- Subject: [RFC] Multiarch sysdeps folder search
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
While adjusting my PowerPC32 multiarch patch set to be POWER4 only,
I noted that multiarch sysdep selection folder only checks if you
issue configure with the exactly supported CPU. Following i686 example,
I'm adding all POWER$+ the implementations to both:
And the folder are selected correctly if I configure with -mcpu=power4.
However if I use another -mcpu (for instance, power6 or power7), the
multiarch folder is ignored. The idea is I want to explicit activate
multiarch even when configuring with cpu different from power4.
I fixed it by adjusting the Implies and manually adding
powerpc/powerpc32/power4/multiarch as a seach folder. However I'm not
sure if is the best approach. Any suggestions for a better way to