This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: support for version-3 format tz binary files
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library development <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 22:06:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: support for version-3 format tz binary files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <523A1BCD dot 5090609 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310111156290 dot 26673 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> I am operating under the presumption the files in timezone/ that (as per
> the README there) come from tzcode should not be updated until this patch
> series is in.
I wouldn't presume that, as the current (unpatched) libc/time/tzset.c
should work just fine with files generated by the latest (2013g) tz code,
except for a few cases far in the future. The earliest affected time stamp
is America/Godthab's 2038-03-28 01:00:00 UTC, which is after the 32-bit signed
time_t values have rolled around.