This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
soft-fp extensions and sNaNs
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 18:23:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: soft-fp extensions and sNaNs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The new test added to math/basic-test.c since glibc-2.18 fails on
sparc for the quad float cases that use soft-fp:
Failure: long double x = (long double) (float) sNaN, !issignaling
Failure: long double x = (long double) (double) sNaN, !issignaling
Looking specifically at 32-bit sparc's q_dtoq.c it seems to be
implemented identically to soft-fp/extenddftf2.c, so this appears to
be a generic soft-fp issue.
Joseph have you run into this already or know about it?