This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: sparc 32-bit dirent broken
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, roland at hack dot frob dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:49:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: sparc 32-bit dirent broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131010 dot 170628 dot 144428253182134045 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <20131010 dot 171716 dot 69341787771640099 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <20131010224837 dot 458872C05D at topped-with-meat dot com> <20131011 dot 013355 dot 2025705528147972421 dot davem at davemloft dot net>
On 10/11/2013 07:33 AM, David Miller wrote:
From: Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 15:48:37 -0700 (PDT)
In the malloc code (which has the interface mandate of knowing "largest C
base type alignment"), we use __alignof (long double), encoding the
assumption that long double is the most-aligned C type. It would be
consistent and adequate to use __alignof (long double) in dirstream.h too
(with a clear comment about why it matters).
Ok, with that in mind I've committed the patch below
Looks good to me.
I'm glad that in the end, the bug wasn't in the record parser. :-)
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team